Repeated warnings God gives when He blesses His people: “Watch yourself!” “Be careful!” “Don’t forget!” “Be sure to remember!”
- What does it tell us about ourselves that we need warnings with our blessings?
- Are spiritual dangers lurking in material and physical prosperity?
Stages that often follow God’s blessings
- Prosperity increases
- Time passes
- Memory of hardship fades
- A change of heart slowly emerges
- We forget the God who blessed us
- We subtlety credit ourselves for the blessings
- We need hardships to shake our complacency and bring us back to God
Os Guinness wisely noted that, “…rebellion against God does not begin with the clenched fist of atheism but with the self-satisfied heart of the one for whom ‘thank you’ is redundant.”
We should live by the saying, ‘Nothing taken for granted. Everything received with gratitude. Everything passed on with grace.’ (G. K. Chesterton).
Let’s build times of remembering into the normal pattern…
View original post 150 more words